Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Apparently You Can Drive Drunk and Kill a Guy and Only Get 30 Days In Jail

Browns WR Donte' Stallworth was sentenced to 30 days in jail after pleading guilty to DUI manslaughter on Tuesday. I don't have any long-winded thoughts on this other than to say that Donte' Stallworth is a scumbag and the way our judicial system works just brings me down. I've seen longer jail time for possession of marijuana. The arrangement allows Stallworth to continue his NFL career uninterrupted. The only way I would allow that if I was the judge would be if I forced him to fork over 90% of his game checks to the Reyes family until the end of his career. At the very least I would make him sign over that $4.5 million roster bonus he got from the Browns the night before the crash.

I hope he can stay healthy enough to be on the field for Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs to put him on his back.

No comments: